This is the second time I have made this sundress. It is Simplicity S9141. I said in my previous post, [inset previous post] that I would be making it again immediately because I like the style of it so much. it was just as time consuming as it was the first time I made it, but worth every second of my time.
I did, however, make a few changes. The first change is the length. I really wanted this one to be a maxi, but it is a little shy of that. I am still happy with the length.
The second change is the straps. The pattern has long straps that tie at the shoulders, which is really cute, However, the straps were constantly falling off my shoulders. So, for this one, I just made a strap, sewed it down, and called it a day. They fell off a little, but not nearly as much as the tie up straps.
The last change I made was to the armholes. I closed up the armholes instead of creating the U shape. I think that may have been part of the reason for the constant wardrobe malfunction with the straps.
I created the same type of bodice elastic casings as the first dress, but used a different fabric for the inside of the dress. It added quite a bit of weight, but I like the look.
Just like before, I am very happy with this dress. It’s such a keeper@
With God’s help, I can do anything.
Testing again. 🙂